- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This is a sandwich that is good for older kids since the combination of apple and meat may be a little intimidating at first. However, it's sweet, so many kids will like the combination. If your child won't eat fruit on his sandwich, just toss the whole apple into his lunchbox to accompany this sandwich.
This sandwich requires no cooking and it's also safe at room temperature, though keeping it cold will keep the apples from turning brown too fast. However, if you child doesn't mind, you can sprinkle the apples with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- 2 apple slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 summer sausage or salami slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 slices Gouda cheese
- 1 bagel
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- Stack the apple, salami, and Gouda on a bagel.
- Spread on the honey mustard right before eating.