- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 24 People
These sweet apple squares are ideal for serving after holiday dinners. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Cream melted butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together remaining cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bars or squares.