- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The sweet and crisp taste of the apple creates a delicious contrast with the pungent and creamy flavor of the blue cheese. Serve garnished with a scattering of toasted, roughly chopped walnuts.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 apples, such as Granny Smith, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Place the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar and sugar into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Put the apples, celery, raisins and 2-1/2 ounces of the blue cheese into a salad bowl, pour in the mayonnaise mixture and toss to combine. Serve garnished with the remaining cheese and the chopped walnuts.