- Prep: 12 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This sweet and piquant salsa is ideal spooned over roast pork loin or grilled chicken.
- 1 large green apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced rhubarb (2-3 stalks)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/4-inch-thick slice ginger, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the apple, rhubarb, onion, apple juice, cranberries, honey and ginger in a medium saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, covered, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow mixture to cool for about 8 minutes.
- Remove and discard the ginger from the pan and add the vinegar. Stir and serve warm, or at room temperature.