- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 8
Apple Raspberry Pie is sweet and bursting with flavor.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium baking apples such as Braeburn, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup frozen sweetened raspberries not in syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Gently unfold crusts onto a lightly floured surface. Roll one crust into a 12 inch circle. Place crust in a deep dish pie plate, pressing dough into the bottom and up the sides.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; mix well. Toss apple slices with sugar mixture until evenly coated; gently stir in raspberries. Spoon apple mixture into bottom crust.
- Roll remaining pie crust into a 12 inch circle; place over filling. Fold top crust under bottom crust; seal and flute edges. Whisk egg and water in small bowl; brush evenly over crust. Cut four slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Remove from oven; cool at least 2 hours.