- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 2 loaves
This flavorful bread serves well alongside any breakfast dish. Consider baking a loaf to share with friends and family.
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cup raisins, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs; stir in lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination and orange juice into egg mixture.
- Fold in apples, orange, raisins and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.