- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 24 People
These chewy bars are ideal for serving at potlucks or large family gatherings.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar and oats; mix in 1 cup butter until mixture becomes crumbly..
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Evenly layer apples across crust.
- Cover with remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.