- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
Apple Nut Pudding is flavored with rum extract.
- 2 sticks margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons each soda, cinnamon
- 4 apples, diced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- Cream 1 stick margarine, 2 cups sugar, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla together in a bowl.
- Sift 2 cups flour, soda, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt together. Add with 1 tablespoon water to creamed mixture. Beat for 2 minutes. Add apples and nuts, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Bring 1 cup water and remaining 1 stick margarine to boil in saucepan.
- Sift 2 tablespoons flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1 cup sugar together in a bowl. Add to margarine mixture. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla and rum flavoring. Serve over cooled cake.