- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 12 People
These delicious muffins make a nice treat for breakfast. Top with a little butter and serve with a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar. Mix in apple and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup sour cream with egg and milk. Add to flour combination.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of remaining sour cream onto the center of each muffin.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of remaining sugar over top of each muffin.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.