- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6-9 servings
Apple and walnut dessert squares.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped unpared tart apples
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- Mix together the egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder ad salt together. Mix in with the egg mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the apples and nuts. Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream.