- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 12
Serve this cake with vanilla ice cream, and sprinkle with finely-chopped, toasted pecans.
- 1 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 5 big apples
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
- 3 sticks of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Melt butter in the microwave and let it cool completely.
- In a bowl eat butter with eggs and evaporated milk. Add flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar and baking powder.
- Beat the mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Grease and flour a pan.
- Place peeled and sliced apples on the bottom.
- In a bowl combine the nuts, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of this mixture over the apples.
- Pour the butter, eggs and flour mixture on top of that mixture.
- Then pour the other half of the nuts-sugar-cinnamon mixture on top of that.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes.