- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 People
These sweet muffins make an excellent breakfast treat, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. The nut-filled streusel topping gives these muffins their crunch.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shortening, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup finely chopped apples, peeled
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, powdered milk and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Cream shortening, egg and water.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts until mixture becomes crumbly; sprinkle over top of muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.