- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8
A traditional, classic apple pie recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- For filling:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine oats, sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Press crumb mixture, except for 1 cup, into ungreased 9" pie tin.
- To prepare filling, mix sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth; bring to boil. Cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add apples and vanilla. Pour into crust; sprinkle top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350Â°F for 40 to 45 minutes.