- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 18 muffins
Wonderful apple muffins with a crumb topping.
- 1 cup chopped pared apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl coat the apples with the lemon juice.
- Mix together the flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and margarine. Pour over the flour mixture. Add in the apples, stirring gently until the dry ingredients are well moistened.
- Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Bake for 25 minutes, or until browned.