- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: serves 6
Apple Creme Caramel is a French dessert baked in a carmel-coated mold and served chilled.
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place apples in bottoms of 6 custard cups
- Use a heavy saucepan and combine 3/4 cup sugar and water
- Cook for 5 minutes without stirring. You may gently shake pan as mixture darkens.
- Remove from heat and pour into custard cups and place them in a pan that is half full of hot water.
- In a medium bowl combine all eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla. Beat in whipping cream
- Pour cream mixture over carmel in custard cups
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean
- Chill and serve