- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Makes 5 dozen cookies
These fun cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. Consider baking a batch to share with a friend or neighbor.
- 1-1/2 cups unpeeled apple, shredded
- 1/4 cup apple juice, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking multigrain cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix together apple, apple juice, sugar, cranberries and raisins; set aside.
- Cream egg, brown sugar, vanilla and applesauce; add apple mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, rye flour, cereal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into apple mixture; let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.