- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Makes 6 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. Consider baking a batch to share with a friend or neighbor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Cream butter, cinnamon, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Stir in applesauce, flour and oats.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.