- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This soft bread makes a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups shredded apples, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine apples and sugar; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and powdered milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cranberries, eggs, applesauce and apples.
- Blend flour combination into apple mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.