- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 5 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies are ideal for taking to potlucks or large family gatherings.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped apples
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination and milk into egg mixture.
- Fold in apples, raisins and chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.