- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 1 dozen
Apple muffins, great for a rushed morning breakfast.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Mix together the egg, oil and applesauce. Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Add in the dates and walnuts.
- Spoon into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.