- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
A dollop of fresh whipped cream will add glamour to Apple Betty Boop.
- 6 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups moist bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup water
- whipped cream
- Place half of the apples is a greased 9 inch round Pyrex dish. Combine bread crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle one-half over apples and dot with half the butter. Repeat with remaining apples, crumbs and butter. Sprinkle with orange peel, add water and cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.