- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen muffins
These easy-to-make muffins are an excellent breakfast treat, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 apples, peeled and shredded
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in bananas and apples.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.