- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 4 pancakes
The perfect and healthy way to start your day; these pancakes taste great but are also good for you.
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup grated apple
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons whole-grain pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place the oats and the milk in a medium-sized bowl, and let stand for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the apple and the egg and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the wheat germ, cinnamon and the pancake mix until well combined, and then slowly add the wheat germ mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Place the canola oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add about 1/4 of the batter.
- Flip the pancakes once browned and cook on the other side until brown. Serve immediately.