- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 48
Put a different spin on an oatmeal cookie.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Â¾ cup sugar
- Â¾ cup shredded coconut
- Â½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Â½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a non stick spray on two large cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, flour, sugar, and coconut.
- Place butter and syrup in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is bubbling.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and hot water.
- Stir this in to the butter mixture.
- Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto baking sheets, allowing room for baked cookies to spread.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.