- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 3 people
A tasty appetizer that is easy to make, Anything-Goes Empanadas can be filled with just about anything you'd like.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 package of refrigerated pizza dough (about 1 pound)
- Flour for your work surface
- 1, 16-ounce can of refried beans
- 1, 1-pint container of fresh salsa
- 1, 8-ounce package of shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spread 1 tablespoon of the oil on a baking sheet. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each into an 8-inch round on a lightly floured surface.
- On half of each round, spread some of your refried beans (or whatever fillings you're using), then top them with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the salsa and 2 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese.
- Fold over the other half of each round, cover the filling and press down on the curved part of the dough with your thumb to seal it closed.
- Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden (about 12-15 minutes). Serve with sour cream as your garnish.