- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 2
These tasty little Mexican appetizers only look like they're difficult to make.
- 4, 12-inch flour tortillas
- 3 ounces shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
- 3 ounces shredded asadero cheese (can substitute fontina, mozzarella or white cheddar)
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup black beans or small pink beans
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- sour cream and guacamole to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray two 12-cup muffin pans with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Cut each tortilla into six wedges and place a wedge into each cup of the muffin tins.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, stirring to mix well. Divide the filling between the muffin cups.
- Place the filled muffin pans in oven and bake at 425 F for 5 to 10 minutes, until the filling is hot and cheeses are bubbling. Let sit for 1 minute, then remove to serving platter. Garnish with dollops of sour cream and guacamole if desired.