- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 tablespoons
Anise has a wonderfully sharp and intense flavor similar to licorice even though it is not in any way botanically related. Spread this flavorful rub onto pheasant or duck at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- 2 whole star anise pods
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Place the star anise pods and black peppercorns into a spice grinder and process until the mixture becomes a fine powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and then add the sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Stir well to combine.