- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This pasta dish is a simple dinner solution when you are in a pinch for time, but is also a fresh and rustic main course appropriate for entertaining. Accompany with a bottle of Chianti Classico or an Italian Pinot Grigio and you have yourself an elegant meal.
- 1 box (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 3 pounds baby tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large handfuls fresh herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro, or a mix), roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and return back to the cooking pot. Drizzle with 2-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- In the meantime, place 4 tablespoons of olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the tomatoes and sauté until they burst open. Reduce the heat to low, and then stir in the minced garlic, herbs and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Cook the mixture for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot with the cooked pasta and toss well to combine. Serve immediately topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.