- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
Great dish with wonderful color and texture; just don't overcook the peppers!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sugar snap pea pods
- 6 thick slices smoked deli chicken
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium high heat. Add the garlic, bell pepper, water chestnuts and pea pods. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into strips, approximately 1/4 inch wide. Add the chicken, onion powder, ground black pepper and salt to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- In a separate small saucepan, heat the chicken broth to a near boil. Pour the hot broth into the vegetable/chicken skillet. Toss and serve mixture over cooked angel hair pasta immediately.