- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The extremely elegant and delicate texture of angel hair pasta is combined with a creamy and nutty almond pesto in this 15-minute dinner dish.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves (from 1 bunch)
- 2 cups finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound dried capellini pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta liquid) and place back into the pot.
- In the meantime, place the garlic, parsley, cheese, almonds, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor and process until finely chopped. With the processor motor running, slowly pour the oil down the flute of the machine and continue to blend until thoroughly emulsified.
- Add the pesto and the reserved pasta liquid to the hot, cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately with additional cheese.