- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Clean, simple flavors of oregano, garlic and bay leaves, accentuate the taste of this roast instead of masking it. Serve with a brown rice and vegetables drizzled with olive oil.
- 3 pound pot roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven or large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sear meet on both sides; set meat aside.
- Add the soy sauce, coffee, bay leaves, garlic, oregano and onion to the Dutch oven, and mix well.
- Return the roast to the pot and coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Cover and bake in oven for about 3-1/2 to 4 hours, basting every hour with pan juices. If there is not enough liquid to baste, add more coffee and soy sauce.