- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Amish Potatoes make a great side dish.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups white bread, cubed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter for greasing casserole dish
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and mash. Add milk and salt.
- Melt butter in large skillet and saute onions until transparent. Add to the mashed potatoes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and saute bread cubes until brown and golden. Add to mashed potatoes. Mix in the eggs and beat mixture for 3 minutes.
- Grease casserole dish with butter and pour in potato mixture. Pour 1 tablespoon melted butter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.