- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
American Hamburger Pie has a biscuit crust.
- 1 package refrigerator biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder, salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 slices American cheese, halved diagonally
- Press biscuits into bottom of pie plate. Bake using package directions.
- Brown ground beef in skillet, stirring until crumbly. Combine remaining ingredients except cheese in bowl, mixing well. Add ground beef, stirring to mix. Spoon into baked shell.
- Arrange cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 five minutes or until cheese melts.