- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 12
Here's one of my favorite recipes that I make during the holidays, but it can be enjoyed year-round because the ingredients are easy to find. It's so simple to make, and most of the prep is done the night before, so you're not stressed out doing everything before the meal is served! It goes well with turkey, chicken, pork or beef, and gets rave reviews every time... hope it's a hit for you, too!
From the kitchen of Sharon Bills
- 1 small pkg. shredded coconut
- 1 15 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks or tidbits (save the juice)
- 1 large can purple bing cherries, drained (I use OREGON brand)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pkg. miniature marshmallows
- 1 small carton sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- The night before serving mix all fruit and nuts together in a large bowl, cover and chill overnight. The next day
- combine sour cream and mayo in a small bowl while slowly adding some pineapple juice until you reach a "thick dressing" consistency. Pour over fruit mixture and add marshmallows. Gently stir to coat all the mixture. Refrigerate until time to eat. Serves about 12-15. Enjoy!