- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 to 6 servings
When you need your caffeine fix during the sweltering summer months, forgo that hot cup of coffee and beat the heat with a cool and refreshing drink. You can sip the usual iced or blended coffees or you can make these popular pick-me-ups even better by turning them into icy coffee cocktails.
Obviously the basis for any good cup of coffee is the coffee. For the best iced coffee drinks, start with high quality coffee that you enjoy drinking hot.
- 4 cups brewed coffee, room temperature or chilled
- 2 cups milk or light cream
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Per serving, combine coffee with milk, amaretto, vanilla, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well until slightly frothy.
- Strain mixture into a chilled martini glass and top with whipped cream.