- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
Alturas Casserole is made with fillet of sole and fresh vegetables.
- 3 potatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 pound fillet of sole
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cook potatoes in 1 inch boiling salted water in covered saucepan for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender but not crumbly. Drain and peel; cut into 1/8 inch slices.
- Arrange sole in single layer in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Place layer of potatoes in shallow 2 quart casserole. Layer half the onion and red and green pepper slices over potatoes. Arrange sole in single layer over vegetables; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer onion, pepper slices, tomato and potatoes in order listed. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 30 minutes.