- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
A great appetizer and one of the street foods of India.
- 2 large Potatoes (boiled, peeled and grated)
- 1 tbsp dried Fenugreek Lleaves (crushed)
- 4 tbsp Bengal Gram (parboiled)
- 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- 8 tbsp Oil (or for frying)
- Place grated potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients in it and knead well.
- Oil the hands a little bit and take some mixture from the bowl.
- Roll out the mixture with hands and make round ball out of it. Similarly make balls out of whole mixture.
- Flatten the balls with hands.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Place the flattened balls on it and fry both the sides by turning until they are brown in colour.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.