- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
When the chicken is for guests, you can feel secure the main dish will be great and concentrate on innovative side dishes. When it's for a crazy weeknight, you can keep the chicken the focus and serve it with a fresh salad and a loaf of bread for a satisfying, kid-friendly dinner. And when the roast chicken recipe is in the 'fridge ready to go, you have enough chicken for quesadillas, chicken salad or even just late night picking.
- 1 whole roaster chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 onion, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a roasting pan.
- Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken and place the halves, along with the onion halves in the cavity.
- Whisk together the vinegar and cider/juice and pour over the chicken. Then drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken and season with seasoned salt.
- Turn the chicken over so the breast side is down and place in the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over so the breast side is up, and continue to roast until the chicken is done, about 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.