- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 24
These "little tiles" are so named after those that cover the roofs of old French houses. A delicate holiday favorite of my family.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- Beat butter and sugar on high until light and creamy. Beat in flour and salt; stir in almonds.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet, leaving room to spread. Flatten each drop with wet fingertip; put baking sheet in oven.
- Bake 5 minutes at 400F on greased cookie sheets or until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool a few minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, remove each with spatula and lay over rolling pin to shape. Leave for a minute to harden, then remove and cool on rack. Store in airtight containers.