- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond flavor
- 2 slices firm white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon browning and seasoning sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- For stuffing, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery and onion in hot butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes and almond flavor.
- Add bread cubes; toss to moisten bread cubes. Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop.
- Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place stuffed chops on roasting rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. (check temperature in thickest part of meat), 35-45 minutes.
- Combine browning and seasoning sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl, if desired; brush over chops.
- Bake for 2 minutes more. Remove toothpicks from chops.