- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2 pounds
Almond Paste is a sweet and delicious filling for pastry, cookies, and cakes.
- 1 pound blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse until finely ground
- Add lemon juice to almonds
- Cook water and sugar in a saucepan until candy thermometer registers 240 degrees or it reaches soft ball stage when a small amound is dropped into cold water.
- Add to ground almonds and mix well.
- When cool enough to handle knead until smooth
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator