- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 9 squares
Upside down almond cake, uses the orange filling recipe found here.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- Orange filling
- Melt butter in an 8 inch square pan, spread across the bottom. Sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- Make the cake according to the directions and carefully pour over the nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. Invert onto a rack and allow to cool.
- Split the cake into 2 layers and fill with the cooled orange filling before cutting into 9 squares.