- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 24
A nice nibble with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped prunes or dates
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, mix wheat germ, flours, salt and baking powder.
- Blend into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in prunes and almonds until well incorporated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto well-greased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar if you wish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.