- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 40
- 3 large eggs
- Grated peel of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Â½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â¾ cup whole toasted almonds
- Heat oven to 300Â°.
- Coat a large baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In bowl whisk eggs, orange peel, vanilla and almond extract.
- In large mixer bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add egg mixture; mix just until blended.
- Mix in almonds.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a roll about 11 inches long, 2 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake in center of oven about 50 minutes until golden. Remove to rack to cool 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 275Â°.
- Place rolls on cutting board and with a serrated knife slice on the diagonal Â½ inch thick.
- Lay slices flat on baking sheets, spacing slightly apart.
- Return to oven until dry and lightly toasted, 20 to 25 minutes, turning once.
- Place on racks to cool.