- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A blend of ground almonds and Parmesan cheese makes the delicious and crunchy coating for this fried fish recipe. Serve with a side of mixed, steamed vegetables drizzled with olive oil and topped with creamy goat cheese, and a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
- 4 3 or 4 ounce pieces sole, rinsed and patted dry
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the almonds into a food processor and process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl, add the Parmesan cheese and mix well to combine.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and set over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle each fish fillet with salt and pepper, dip into the beaten egg and then dredge in the almond and Parmesan mixture to coat. Placed the coated fish in the pan and cook for 8 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking time. Serve immediately.