- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 16 servings
A delicious drink to serve over the holidays, garnish each beverage with a cinnamon stick and some freshly ground nutmeg.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- Ground nutmeg to garnish
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Put the butter and sugars into a small saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, about 12 minutes, transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the ice cream and almond extract.
- Using a handheld mixer beat the mixture for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl when needed.
- Place 1/4 of the butter mixture into a mug and then stir in 3/4 cup of boiling water. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a few sprinkles of freshly grated nutmeg. Serve immediately.