- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 12 slices
Moist banana-walnut bread made with Kellogg's All-Bran® cereal
- 425 millilitres (1-3/4) cups all-purpose flour
- 7 millilitres (1-1/2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2 eggs
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 75 millilitres (1/3 cup) 2-percent milk
- 7 millilitres (1-1/2 teaspoons) vanilla
- 250 millilitres (1 cup) All-Bran Original® cereal
- 250 millilitres (1 cup) mashed ripe banana (2 to 3)
- 175 millilitres (3/4 cup) packed brown sugar
- 175 millilitres (3/4 cup) coarsely chopped walnuts or pieces (optional)
- In medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in oil, milk, vanilla and All-Bran® cereal; let stand.
- Mash banana; stir into egg mixture. Stir in brown sugar.
- Stir in dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Spread evenly in 23 x 13-centimetre (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan, lined on bottom and two longer sides with foil. Bake at 180 degrees C. (350 degrees F.) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack; let cool five minutes. Remove from pan; discard foil. Let cool completely.