- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
This scrumptious recipe was inspired by a meal my husband enjoyed on an Alaskan fishing expedition
- 6 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) small onion, chopped fine
- Â¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (about 2 ounces) spicy cheese flavored crackers, crushed*
- (*any flavor Cheez-its, Cheese Nips or Ritz cracker will do)
- Â½ cup light sour cream
- Â½ cup light mayonnaise
- Â½ cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â½ teaspoon white pepper
- Place the halibut, wine and garlic in a large baking dish, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours:
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Remove halibut from marinade and gently pat dry with paper towels.
- Discard marinade.
- Place steaks in a single layer on baking sheet. Evenly spread the sour cream mixture on each steak. Sprinkle on onion and Parmesan cheese.
- Top with crushed crackers.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily when pressed with a fork.