- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 12 muffins
Delicious carrot muffins made with Kellogg's All-Bran® cereal, with a cream cheese filling and crumbled walnut topping
- 500 millilitres (2 cups) All-Bran Original® or All-Bran Buds® cereal
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 300 millilitres (1-1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 millilitres (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 1 millilitre (1/4 teaspoon) nutmeg
- 1 millilitre (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 1 egg
- 75 millilitres (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 150 millilitres (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 375 millilitres (1-1/2 cups) grated carrot
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) cream cheese
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) vanilla
- 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) butter
- 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
- 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) flour
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and oil until light and foamy. Whisk in brown sugar and buttermilk until well combined. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined. Fold in carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese with sugar and vanilla.
- In small bowl, use fork to combine butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Divide half of the muffin mix among 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Divide cream cheese mixture over each. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle topping evenly over each.
- Bake at 180 degrees C. (350 degrees F.) until a cake-tester toothpick comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes.