- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4
Sauteed apples, crisp waffles and sweet agave syrup make for a scrumptious breakfast.
- 3/4 cup agave, divided (use honey, if desired)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 red or green apples, cored, sliced
- 8 frozen whole grain waffles, toasted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together agave and apple juice. Keep warm on low heat.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute apple slices until they are tender and lightly browned.
- To serve, place waffles on serving plates and top with sauteed apples and agave syrup.